This programme is for students with industrial sewing experience gained through completion of the Certificate in Fashion Technology programme or through industry experience.
It is designed to give graduating students a wide range of core pattern making, cutting and production skills as a firm foundation for further career development.
After completing this certificate, you will receive the following qualification:
-New Zealand Certificate in Apparel and Fashion Technology (Level 4)
What you will learn
Some of the skills you will learn on the Certificate in Pattern Design are:
- Body measurement
- Men's, women's and children's pattern design
- Grading to industry standards
- Industrial garment construction and production methods
- Lay planning and machine cutting
- Workplace disciplines and communication skills
Most students who graduate from the Certificate in Pattern Design go on to complete the Diploma in Fashion Technology programme.
After completing the Certificate in Pattern Design some of the career options open to you are:
- Machine operator with entry level pattern making skills
- Trainee sample machinist
- Junior pattern maker
- Assistant cutter
- Swatching/sample coordinator
- Quality control
- Further training within NZ Fashion Tech on the Diploma in Fashion Technology
- Further training
- Successful completion of the Certificate in Fashion Technology or equivalent industry experience
- Workplace communication skills
- Competent level of literacy and numeracy
- Some medical conditions may preclude entry due to health and safety requirements
Other programmes you can progress on to:
Where You Can Study
You can study for this programme at:
Dates and Times
PC Code: NZ2608
Intakes In February.
The programme is 38 weeks long and the hours are:
Monday – Thursday 8.45am- 3.00pm Friday 8.45am - 2.30pm
Certificate in Pattern Design:
Fees on application.
International students should contact us for information on this programme.
Programme Outline Document
Download the Programme Outline Document, which covers the three programmes that we offer students together with some basic information about NZ Fashion Tech.
GET IN TOUCH
Contact us for an informal chat about starting your career in the fashion industry and to arrange a visit to one of our campuses.